Massachusetts Police, Fire and School Departments Respond to Automated Bomb Threats

Numerous cities and towns throughout the state have received automated bomb threats this morning.

The threats came via “robocalls” on Thursday, April 14. Schools followed established protocols, issuing temporary shelter in place orders before doing a sweep of the buildings. Schools resumed their normal class schedules after police determined there was no risk to students or faculty.

Among clients of John Guilfoil Public Relations, communities affected by the threats include:

  • Andover High School — The school received a call at 7:34 a.m. and police cleared the building at 8:15 a.m.
  • Arlington Catholic High School
  • Arlington High School – The school received the bomb threat at approximately 7:40 a.m.
  • Chelmsford High School – Police will maintain a presence at the high school for the remainder of the day to ensure the comfort of all students, faculty and staff.
  • Dracut High School — Police received notification of the call at 7:53 a.m. The entire school was cleared at 10:01 a.m.
  • Littleton High School – School officials received the call at 8 a.m., and after a sweep of the building, police cleared the scene at 8:45 a.m.
  • Melrose High School – The school received a call at 8:51 a.m. Police followed established protocols and searched the building, clearing it around 9:30 a.m. They will continue to monitor security at MHS throughout the day.
  • Methuen High School — The school received the call at 7:22 a.m. Police cleared the building and continue to monitor the school.
  • Stoneham High School – Police received notification of the call at 8:11 a.m. and cleared the building at 9:23 a.m.
  • Tewksbury Memorial High School – The school received threats this morning and yesterday morning. Police cleared the high school today at 8 a.m.
  • Tyngsborough High School
  • Woburn Memorial High School — School administrators, police and fire departments followed the protocol established by the Northeastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council and cleared the building around 9:40 a.m. They will continue to monitor security at WMHS throughout the day.

Police departments and school officials are also working with the Massachusetts State Police and the Commonwealth Fusion Center.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.