Traffic Division is led by Sgt. Jonathan Goc.
The Traffic Division is responsible for parking enforcement, chapter 90 traffic enforcement, and investigating serious motor vehicle accidents. The Traffic Division also conducts a number of roadway studies to determine the speed and volume of vehicles on particular streets. The Traffic Division has a motorcycle as well as a traffic car with a state of the art License Plate Reader that is utilized to conduct a number of traffic functions. The department also has a Traffic Speed Enforcement Trailer which is used in a large number of locations throughout the city to help slow drivers down.
Child Safety Seats
The Traffic Division has secured grants from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety for Bicycle Helmets. If your child is in need of a bicycle helmet they can contact Sgt. Goc or the City of Melrose Parks Department (781-665-6656).
Installation or checkup of child car seats is also available to the public by calling Detective Ehlers or Officer Galvin (781-665-1212) to set up an appointment. Detective Ehlers and Officer Galvin are Nationally CPS certified Car Seat Technicians.
Here are some important forms you may need. You can download them here, instead of having to pick them up at the police station!
- Hackney Permit Application
- Ice Cream Truck Vendor Application
- Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Report
- Parking Enforcement Appeal Form
As a service to our residents and the business community, Melrose Police Department is proud to announce a partnership with GetCrashReports.com to provide online access to all Melrose Massachusetts crash reports. All crash reports will be available five business days after the crash occurs (or sooner if completed) except for fatal crashes and crashes under investigation. Fatal crash reports must be obtained at the Melrose Police Department.
All requests from businesses for Melrose Massachusetts crash reports will be referred to GetCrashReports.com. Melrose Police will not provide crash reports to businesses unless a specific crash report cannot be located on theGetCrashReports.com website, or is a walk-in public records request.
Follow the below instructions to locate a report:
- Go to GetCrashReports.com and click on the State of Massachusetts
- Enter Search Values in Box B: (report number, person name or town name)
- Enter optional Date Range in Box C
- Click the Next Step button
- Click the Add to Cart check box for the desired report and click the Next Step button
- Fill in the credit card information and click the Place Order Now button
- Click Download Crash Report button to view your report